November 06, 2009

Fun Art Fridays: The Thundercats' Tygra


Welcome the Thundercats' whip-cracking-wise-cat, Tygra!

Tygra is probably one of my favorite characters from the show (second to Lion-O of course). I loved the fact that his design was based on a Tiger -- my all time favorite animal -- and his weapon of choice, his bolo-whip, was totally awesome! With a twirl of his whip he could become invisible and get the drop on those pesky Mutants. Plus, let's not forget he was the wisest cat on Third Earth, helping Panthro design and build many of the cats' cool inventions.

Again, Tygra is part of a larger Thundercats team drawing I'm doing for fun. Be sure to also check out my takes on Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, and Snarf if you haven’t already!

Next up is Wily Kit and Wily Kat. So until then... "Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"


Illustration © Joe Costantini

No comments: