March 26, 2010

Fun Art Fridays: The Thundercats' Slithe


Watch out for Slithe, the axe-wielding-reptilian-leader of the evil mutants!

That’s right! After a brief hiatus I’m back to drawing some of my favorite cartoon characters, the Thundercats! And who better to start off with on the villain's side then the coolest mutant of them all, Slithe. I always found Slithe to be a great character. He tried to act so tough, but always ended up coming off as a scaredy-cat to me. Still, you gotta love him.

Just like my heroic team shot, Slithe is part of a larger team drawing I’m doing for fun. Again, I'll be posting each villain as I finish, then the whole image once it's done.

Now for a few extra goodies... Below is a screen shot of Slithe I took as I was refining his sketch.



And here is my quick layout sketch of the whole villain team. This is going to be a fun one to finish! ;)



Until next time... "Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"


Illustration © Joe Costantini


No comments: