July 15, 2009

Character Design: Sifaka World Mascot Part II

Inspired by Joe's Monday post, here are my development sketches for Sifaka World's mascot, Kintana!

When we started work on Sifaka World, both Joe and I jumped onto the character design process. We find that working together is very productive as our sketches often serve as an inspiration to push things further and explore better design ideas.

Overall, my designs were a little more realistic than Joe's and his sketches helped me try and be more cartoony with the drawings. Elements of these sketches did influence the original, so even if none of these never made it to the final stage, they served as an important springboard to get to that final piece. My favorite of the bunch is the one wearing the sunglasses. He's so cool!





Copyright © Sifaka Productions, LLC


No comments: