January 15, 2010

Fun Art Fridays: GPK Mr. T


It's been awhile since I've done a Fun Art Fridays post, so this week I decided to share a painting that I recently finished.

Before joining the gang at 2A!, I started out my career doing concept work for Topps' Garbage Pail Kids trading cards. I still enjoy drawing in the GPK style and often get requests for various characters. This is my version of “Mr. T” in that style. I’ve also included my original pencil sketch and a work-in-progress photo below.

Hope you like it, because there will be plenty more where that came from. If not, then “I pity the fool!” ;)





Illustration © Mark Pingitore


3 comments:

ImmatureEntrepreneur.com said...

Awesome! Absolutely love it. Very fun.

ImmatureEntrepreneur.com said...

This is great! Would have loved to open up a pack of Garbage Pail Kids back in the day to find T grimacing at me. :)

Love the artwork!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it.