December 03, 2009

Animation: SweetIM Christmas Cat


Well, Thanksgiving is over, and you know what that means... time to break out the Christmas decorations. Our good friend Ms. Cat from our very first batch of SweetIM animations is back, and she's putting the finishing touches on her Christmas tree. The only problem is that her streak of bad luck doesn't seem to have ended.

This was one of my more ambitious SweetIM animations. You'll see that the animatic is a lot looser than what I usually do. I started out using just stick figures to get the complicated motion that I wanted. I was more worried about getting the action right than putting the character on model. After that, it was pretty much the normal process of tightening everything and inbetweening. I'm pretty happy with how she turned out in the end.




Copyright © SweetIM Technologies Ltd.

No comments: