March 11, 2011

Fun Art Fridays: The Thundercats' Mumm-Ra


"Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form into Mumm-Ra the Ever Living!"

Now that I got that out of the way... Mumm-Ra is one of the all-time coolest villains! He starts off looking like a pathetic old man hobbling around in mummy rags, and with a few choice words becomes the baddest baddie the Thundercats have ever faced. Of course, in reality they usually beat him pretty easily, but we're talking about my distorted childhood memories here!

This guy's been a long time coming, so I hope you like him. I like Mums so much that I also did a warm-up sketch, which I've included below. Enjoy!



Just like my heroic team shot, these dudes are part of a larger drawing I’m doing for fun. Next up... Ma-Mutt!.

Until then... "Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"


Illustration © Joe Costantini


No comments: